Sunday, September 06, 2015

How about a piping hot cup'o SCOTUS?


MUG: Chinese barrel mug. Too big (16 ounces), otherwise a good design.

COFFEE: The excellent La Colombe Colombian San Roque.

NOTES: I got this mug at Half Price Books. They have a whole series of mugs and t-shirts emblazoned with book jackets from the 1950s. Back in the mid-1960s, while most of my friends fixated on George Orwell's dystopian book 1984, I was drawn to Aldous Huxley's equally dystopian Brave New World, because its benign horror of a culture immersed in sex and drugs seemed to be closer to what our future as a culture was headed toward.

Well, it's a brave new world, indeed. 'Women's Health Centers' function as chop-shops for human (parts) trafficking. The Supreme Court invents laws that don't exist... just because they can.

I think I need more coffee. Maybe a larger mug is part of the solution. How much does a larger mug cost? $19.84, with tax.

No comments: