Thursday, May 09, 2019

Here's mud in your eye, Ludwig!


MUG: Waechtersbach, made in Spain, PMS Mud-colored, Composers Signature Edition.

COFFEE: Colombian Huila, Pitalito, from Barrett's Micro Roast Coffee.

NOTE: As you should know, I collect Waechtersbach coffee mugs. In the late 1970s, they produced a limited run of mugs with the signatures of Classical Music composers on them. They also produced a run of mugs in a natural color that I admired greatly (I called it PMS-Mud, and painted my entire duplex interior this color).

I never saw any of these 'mud-colored' (roughly, Pantone Matching System - Warm Grey 3 C) mugs in the Composers Series, and I never found a Beethoven mug I liked. But last week, I found the combo above on Ebay at a reasonable BIN price, and in good condition. I grabbed it. I was excited.

Unlike my last attempt to get this mug (a NOS older and heavier W German version), this one was shipped properly and arrived safe and sound. Still looking for a Bach-up plan.


No comments: