Saturday, June 08, 2013

The Restoration


MUG: Waechstersbach original, caramel colored, Western Germany.

COFFEE: An estate-grown Colombian Supremo, roasted by Barrett's Micro Roasters in Austin (see P.M., good things can come out of that town).

NOTES: For entertainment (and radical taste bud recalibration), I tried two pounds of coffee from a highly regarded local beanery. In return for my adventure, I got stylishly over-roasted coffees, one of which was a blend I allowed myself to get talked into. I suspended my simple rule that almost all coffee blends are an economic compromise (a bit of the good with much more of the not so good) as a way of maximizing profit. As a result, the Rule has been reinforced.

There is much joy in Mudville today. The King is restored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought that taking pictures of coffee mugs would be an interesting blog? But it is interesting and would make a great twitter feed. The shot in this post is particularly artistic. I've got a multitude of ceramic mugs but I'm looking for a new travel mug and have heard nothing but good things about the Nissan like this: http://www.coffeethermos.net