Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mug o' suds!



Mug: This is a Burt's Bees shaving mug with an interesting "knob" handle. Made in China, but a very authentic, Victorian design. The brush is a wood handled boar's bristle brush.

Soap: I currently alternate between two shaving soaps: a blue glycerin soap that my daughter Catherine gets for me out of Houston, and a handmade clay/lye/stuff shaving soap that my daughter Anna hand-makes herself. That's what I am currently brushing with. When I run out of soap from my girls, I use either an amber glycerin soap from Surrey out of Leander, Texas, or I use Burt's Bees Bay Rum Shaving Soap.

Background: My girls heard the "clack, clack, clack" sound of my brush against a mug many a morning while they were growing up. I presume it evokes fond memories for them.

No comments: