Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let's have a sustainable party!


CUP: Insulated drinking cup, modeled after the infamous Red Solo Cup of redneck party fame. Unlike an authentic Solo Cup, this one keeps your beverage of choice cold, is rigid (a big plus when your are dancing) and is non-disposable. An environmentally sustainable alternative, one would have to go through about 25 of the genuine cups to cover the cost of this one ($3), but then again, that's 25 fewer cups in the landfill.

TEA: Luzianne Iced Tea, a blend of Orange Pekoe and Pekoe Cut black teas. Brewed using thermonuclear energy, one gallon at a time, on my side porch next to the smoker.

NOTES: I haven't yet monogrammed my cup with a black marker, but I will. I first heard/learned about Toby Kieth's hit "Red Solo Cup" at a NASCAR-sanctioned short track race here in Hays County. Doubling-down on my red-neckedness.



No comments: