Friday, May 20, 2016

Now We Are Three: The Accidental Deutschelavenderfest


MUGS: Genuine Waechtersbach mugs. These were made in Germany. No more?

COFFEE: Guatemala Antiqua, roasted and sold at Central Market Westgate. My 'change of pace' coffee.

NOTES: A couple of years ago, Waechtersbach USA kindly sent me a replacement mug for a defective one I had purchased (glazing fault). They were out of the color I wanted, and substituted it with one of these lilac/lavender colored mugs. They were out of the color I wanted because they were apparently no longer importing these German ceramic gems. Apparently, their 'Fun Factory' line now comes from China (marketed as 'Waechtersbach of Germany').

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a very low ($6) opening bid on Ebay for a pair of these. I wanted to watch the bidding, so I placed the low bid (figuring I'd be outbid quickly... the shipping was very reasonable, too). No one else bid. I now have three.

No comments: