Friday, September 15, 2017

Just one more.


MUG: Waechstersbach barrel mug... the original, the best. Made in Spain (not the original). 

COFFEE: Colombia Huila, Pitalito, from Barrett's Micro Roast Coffee.

NOTES: I've long extolled the virtues of this mug (especially the slightly better crafted and heftier W. Germany production).

I've displayed my collection of these Art Institute of Chicago versions, featuring the signatures of artists in their collection (containing both my mother's favored artist, and mine, visible above).

I started my collection of these mugs (without graphics) in 1977 with a set of six mugs in a grey-brown color I later used to paint my duplex, and as an accent color for my business cards, announcements, and other uses. I and my closest associates joking referred to this color as PMS-Mud (roughly, Pantone Matching System - Warm Grey C).

By luck, I recently found this color mug in the Art Institute of Chicago series. I was unaware they had made any in this shade. I camp happily. 


No comments: