Monday, April 06, 2020

I'll sleep when I'm dead.


MUG: Porcelain Espresso shot cup, made for Crate & Barrel in Vietnam. Two ounce capacity, two and a half inches tall. Nice conical shape, with a delightfully useful thumb-and-two-finger handle.

COFFEE: Colombian Peaks, from Eight O'Clock coffee (the old A&P trademark, but now owned by Tetley Tea). Medium roast (closer to a light), here's their ad-copy, "Our award-winning roast of 100% Colombian beans now has the Rainforest Alliance seal of approval. Cultivated exclusively at a high-altitude in Colombia’s rich volcanic soils, these beans are harvested at their optimum ripeness. Medium roasted with winey notes and a rich, elegant aroma with a full-bodied finish. This is a perfect example of the smooth, sought-after Colombian flavor beloved the world over." 

It's really a very nice coffee, especially for times of quarantine and furlough. I originally tried it as a coffee to serve at church on Sunday mornings (brewed in my Bunn commercial airpot brewer) to replace the dark roast coffee brewed in a 30 cup percolator they had been serving.

NOTE: Made as a double ristretto. 

"I'll sleep when I'm dead." 
- Warren Zevon

No comments: